YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 pound Chinese egg noodles. You can get the good stuff at any Chinese grocery store, FRESH!
- 4 tablespoons of Sesame Oil (you should be buying this by the gallon)
- 7 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 4 tablespoons Chinese Rice Vinegar
- 4 tablespoons Chinese Sesame Paste
- 2 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic.
- 4 teaspoons chili-garlic paste, or less if you can’t handle it
- ¼ cup chopped roasted peanuts
Most of these bottled items you should have in your house at all times. Oh the things you can do with Sesame Paste!
Cucumber, sliced into sticks for garnish.
1 tablespoon finely grated ginger I don’t like ginger
Here we go.
- Boil the noodles per the package instructions, unless you made them yourself. With your noodle skills you probably shouldn’t be reading my silly recipe. Run the noodles under cold water until not hot anymore. Splash them with sesame oil and mix.
- Take everything else, except the peanuts, thrown them in a bowl and mix until smooth.
Note: If you have a ninja or some other food processor, it will make the process even quicker. It’ll emulsify faster and stay well blended if you don’t use all the sauce right away.
3. Dump some of those wonderful, hopefully fresh, sesame oil smelling noodles in the best looking bowl you have in your house.
4. Gently spoon your pea nutty mixture over the noodles… Who am I kidding, dump that stuff everywhere. Seriously, coat every nook and cranny with the sauce. Oh my god, it’s so good.
5. If you can stop yourself from eating the noodles long enough, sprinkle some sesame seeds all over the place making sure to get them all over the floor and in your hair. Then do the same with the chopped peanuts.
This is what you should have if you made it this far…
Did you make it? Please let me know what you think. Any suggestions? There’s a comment section below. Scroll down, it’s right there.